Re: (ET) Gear pops

On 15 Feb 2007 at 21:12, Matthew callahan wrote:

> Get new belts onto your ET when you do the transaxle swap.  From what I
> hear, you won't be able to do it with the transaxle on since the pulley
> is
> too close to the frame to slip one through.

Good thought.  I had to change belts a couple of years ago.  I seem to
remember I had to unbolt either the transaxle or motor to do it, maybe
both.
I'll bet that somebody in GE's engineering department had a gleam in his
eye
the day he made that drawing.  ;-)

But it's too dang cold out to be crawling around under an ET if I don't
have to.
The easy short-term answer to transaxle popping out of D1 : don't use D1.
Plow down the driveway in low, zoom back up the driveway in D2.