Re: (ET) Gear pops

On 14 Feb 2007 at 0:03, RJ Kanary wrote:

> Take it apart, and replace the broken / worn parts. The cluster gear will
> have a breathtaking price.

Dang, I was hoping against hope that it was something simple.

I hate to ask this, but any suggestions on where I might find a shop that
could work on it?  I just don't have time to take it apart - and I
probably
don't have the skills or tools, either.

A "breathtaking" price.  Hmm.  I kind of like my breath.  Breathing slowly
and rhythmically keeps me calmer.  ;-)  Would I be better off fitting a
used
transaxle?

This is an E15.  I have a parts machine, another E15, but it sits out in
the
weather.  I don't know what kind of shape its transaxle is in.  Maybe it's
worth the risk to try it.

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA

    Their talk was the talk of sordid buccaneers: it was
    reckless without hardihood, greedy without audacity,
    and cruel without courage; there was not an atom of
    foresight ... in the whole batch of them, and they did
    not seem aware these things are wanted for the work of
    the world.

                    -- Joseph Conrad, "Heart of Darkness"