Re: (ET) Gear pops

D1 is pretty high for blowing snow; I usually just use L. Is this an E20 or an E15?

Popout is usually worn gears flexing, might need to take the transmission apart.

We have sheer ice here on top of about an inch of snow. Will be interesting to see if the blower can get under the ice and scrape the driveway. This could have been a good foot of snow; I feel ripped off.

Chris

David Roden wrote:
I usually plow snow in D1 gear. We have a fair bit of it right now (snow, I mean); nothing like NY but still enough that I actually (finally) had to get the tractor out. The white stuff is pretty heavy and wet, and takes a lot of effort to shove around. Every now and then, when I was pushing a lot of snow, the transaxle would pop out of D1. (Good thing that's not a series motor, or I would have scattered commutator bars all over the driveway.) I could hold it in gear by hand, but what a nuisance. I guess this is one of those things that I should know, but don't. What causes this? How do I fix it?

Thanks.

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = Note: mail sent to the "etpost" address will not reach me. To send me a private message, please use the address shown at the bottom