Re: (ET) the tools discussion

My son is a diesel mechanic and has more money invested in Snap On tools and boxes than I had in my first and second homes combined. He started with Crafts man and ashe broke then he replaced with Snap On. He would never by a Craftsman box, starting with a small used Snap On that he still owns. He is now a traveling mechanic who woorks on heavy equipment and has put his original box on his truck and brought his 6' long 4' high box to my shop as he has no room in his garage. All day long I have been sorting tools and putting them away. My favorites are the Polmb tools that were made in the 40s, I have a few Snap On and a bunch of Craftsman. I have replaced my Craftsman ratchets with Snap On when I could as I had too many failures and busted knuckles. I will not buy Craftsman screwdrivers for the same reason. Snap On lasts forever. If I were using tools for a living I would buy only the best, however there are some tools I use from Harbor Freight and have had good luck with them using them carefully and avoidung getting in a position where I could get hurt. My son and I have both done well buying tools at yard sales and auctions, so we have betwen us enough tools to start a repair shop.

Roger