(ET) Rubber Chains and Snow Tires

We have only seen about 6-8 inches here in NH this winter.  I am hoping to have a chance try two modifications to my tractor this winter.  This year I bought rubber chains for the back tires and Snow Hog snow tires for the front.  So far the chains seem ok.  Not effective on hard ice, but moderately good in snow.  I was surprized how hard they were to install.  A good 1 hour to get them installed.  I needed to remove and deflate the tires and play some tricks to tighten them.  Not the sort of thing you would change at the last minute.  The snow tires seem to turn much better on ice and snow, but I will not know until we get some real snow.

Rob Brockway

with theYahoo! Search weather shortcut.