-----Original Message-----
From: elec-trak-bounces cosmos phy tufts edu
[mailto:elec-trak-bounces cosmos phy tufts edu] On Behalf Of Tim
Humphrey
Sent: Friday, February 09, 2007 10:07 AM
To: elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu
Subject: Re: (ET) Snow at last...

Thanks, Dave

I'll try the graphite or teflon. I hit it with carb cleaner to get all
of the old gunk of and it worked great, until the carb cleaner fully
evaporated, now it's sticky again.

Got 16 more inches yesterday, forecast another 10-16 this weekend. Snow
is in the forecast constant up until Tuesday.

About those HF meters, I have one. Going to get more.

The leads kept falling out of the meter. They are not as flexible as
more expensive meter leads. Anyway... I cut about a 1/4 inch off the
plastic shield of the lead where it plugs into the meter. That exposed
more of the connector and now allows it to seat much further into the
meter. Haven't had one fall out since. Other than the leads falling out
I have been very happy with these $4 meters, and now the leads don't
fall out anymore. I'll definately be getting more.

Another HF lead....  They have a sale on leather work gloves right now..
These are a bright orange/red so harder to lose. They also are heavy
duty and actually fit my hands. I find it very difficult to find work
gloves that fit.  I got 3 for $.99 ea. two weeks ago, but now they are
$1.49, still a great buy!!

--
Stay Charged!
Hump

Oil.  Right -O. And it picks up grit blown by the deck.   Graphite is OK
though.  That stuff 'lock-eze'  is graphite and solvent to carry it in
then solvent goes away. There are new teflon sprays (with tube
extension)
that seem to do the same, nothing left that thickens in the cold.

Plow on, blower unobtainable.  That's why I got 2 electraks goin one
with
a blower one with a plow both with chains. There are times that a plow
is
best (slushy sticky  snow) , times that a blower is needed (a lot of dry
snow and noplace to plow it to) both situations exist here at various
times.

BTW back to an old subject.  Kill o Watt just showed up in the Harbor
Freight catalog at $29.95.  Everyone with a shop should have that
catalog. Wait long enough through several of em they'll have $10 -19
digital VOM's for $2.99 -$3.99 also.  Last yr got 6 of em.  All worked
fine so they are everywhere never have to hunt one down.  These are not
'lab accuracy' but fine for anything we do in troubleshooting etc. (have
a lab acc one if needed too)

Dave
Weymouth MA