Re: (ET) Spring Get Together

 NE get together?  Whether or not we would be going to Jerry's show we
could have one here in NE later in the year.   It could be at one of the
regular antique engine - tractor shows which NE is full of.  Us New
Englanders should all check in (by email) by town and state so we know
where we are 'centered'  I could then provide a suggestion of an antique
engine and tractor show  that would be central to all once we know where
we are centered.   Possible examples all having the space for us and
having no need of special arrangements;  Orange MA,  Boyleston MA,
Dublin NH,  or Eastern CT (2 possibilities).  Southeast  ME nr Portsmouth
NH,  Ely (So Fairlee)VT  20 miles north of White River Junction,
Plymouth MA (home of a rock)  all of these subject to their own dates
(which the 07 show date list comes to me in the Spring).  There are
others.

Each of these places would be a regular show ongoing for years,  camping
allowed (encouraged) but no facilities except porta potties, check in Fri
aft 12 close up Sun bout noon  and full of interesting antique gas
engines and in most places, farm tractors also.  Exhibitors welcome at no
charge most have food (burgers at least, Sat nite BBQ at a couple)
ongrounds.  No campfires (except enclosed) BBQ grilles and gas cookers
OK.
     I was, up to a couple yrs ago, a regular exhibitor at these shows
and am charter member, and former Secretary/newsletter of the closest
local antique engine club (the Cranberry Flywheelers) for 13 yrs so am
quite familiar with these shows and know a lot of the regular engine
exhibitors.

This would cost us nothing. At present, the clubs make their money on
spectator donations tee short sales etc and always welcome new
exhibitors. A couple of these shows require registration at the club
table (and liability insurance which comes with membership which is $10
or 15.00)

Check in with me (not the board)  then will be able, using the 06 show
date list,  to make a suggestion of a place or two and a tentative date
(date to be confirmed bout May 07.

I have exhibited my 16 at Plymouth MA alone and Carver MA (with another
local Etrak owner)  but found no crowd interest in them.  Perhaps a bunch
of em together would generate some interest.

Also, there is an Earth Day show (Sat that weekend) in Hull MA ( home of
2 municipal wind turbines) and may be an electric car show in Ipswich MA.
 Both would welcome an Etractor or several. The Earth day has 4 open
hours, the Ipswich (if they have it) I believe has 6.   I believe we
should all exhibit these tractors as they are both an air pollution and
gas crisis solution, much needed 'clean green'  items.

Dave
Weymouth MA  (South Shore of Boston)