Re: (ET) GE-20 Transmission Oil Specs

I am very sorry that I revealed my physical condition to anyone. The truth is I feel good most of the time but I have little energy to spare. Jerry, you are kind but help on the digest is all I really need. My doctor made my wife and I happy when he said last Tuesday to stay on the same medicines and come back in 4 months. Here is where the oil change stands now. My E-20 is on 2 hydraulic jacks under the rear axles lifted up 5 inches from the floor with a safety stand under the middle trailer hitch. The oil funnel is hung on the rear seat and connected to a screw-in plug into the upper port on the transmission. The old oil has been drained. Before closing the bottom port new oil was run through the funnel into the transmission to clear out any residual old oil. Some small metal particles were collected onto the magnetic drain plus and removed from inside the port opening. The plug was returned and tightened. I may have to remove the plug and try again if it leaks. There are only about 3 threads inside the port. If it leaks I will redo the thing. The transmission has been filled with the new oil which was difficult. Each time the funnel was filled the tractor was run in all the gears with the wheels turning freely on the jacks.

Right now the clear tube connecting the top port is holding surplus oil. I reason from the amount still remaining in the 1 gallon bottle that the transmission is full. It sure sounds quiet. Tomorrow will yield the verdict. Thank you all. Here in Virginia we are expecting lower temperatures.