(ET) GE-20 Transmission Oil Specs

My E-20 slows down some in colder weather which causes me to believe I should change the transmission oil. Members have reported that the oil can be drained by parking on a steep slope. There are comments about ways to fill with 64 ounces of new oil. Some have said that synthetics are the way to go. Others have said that if you want to replace all your seals go with synthetics. Super Tech Gear Lubricant SAE 85W-140 GL-5 which I think is regular oil at Wal-Mart Stores may be an acceptable choice. I will thank anyone with knowledge of the Peerless 2300 transmission to say if this will be OK. My tractor is used mainly for mowing and pulling a small trailer. Any additional tips for replacing the lubricant will be appreciated. I have access to several small jacks, a funnel with a long tube attached, some simple hand tools, and plenty of time, I hope. Any help and encouragements will be welcomed. Thank you.