*From:* Mike Finck [mailto:m finck setterlin com]
*Sent:* Tuesday, November 21, 2006 12:11 PM
*To:* elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu; ThompsonG DFO-MPO GC CA; Konstanty, Walter (GE Indust, ConsInd); metman glasgow-ky com; Dennis Pestka TycoHealthcare com
*Subject:* Re: (ET) Electric Tractor Conversion Update

http://cosmos.ucdavis.edu/2005/Cluster%203/Dill%20Ha.pdf,
I liked the graphic presentation, but page 20 doesn't seem correct to me. A conclusion about payback is made. I don't believe the 21,000 mile point would payback the initial additional investment of $6190. 8.5mpg improvement would be about 70 cents a gallon not spent. At 70 cents savings per gallon it takes 8842 gallons to save $6190. Say 35 mpg and that's 309,000 miles driven, not 21,000!
Do I misunderstand?