From: Mike Wallace [mailto:metman glasgow-ky com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 14, 2006 3:24 PM
To: Konstanty, Walter (GE Indust, ConsInd); Dan Childress; elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu
Subject: Re: (ET) rims for E-15

Walt & Dan,

I'm not sure if the attached link is what you were thinking of, but.....  I think the "thread" you mentioned might have been a site that Marcus Lorch had going, but now I've lost it too.

In any case, if anybody is looking for some big ass AG tires (26 x 10.00-12) already mounted on wheels that should bolt right on (at least they have the right bolt pattern and pilot hole size, but I'm not sure about the backset), then try this link:

http://www.surpluscenter.com/item.asp?UID=2006111414003084&item=1-2912&catname=wheels

Since the ad doesn't say otherwise, I'd have to assume that they are all mounted the same direction.  That would mean that you'd have to demount one of them and turn the tire around on that wheel.  Since they are listed as 25/26" in diameter instead of our OEM 23", there might also be a bit of a "clearance" issue under the fender.

But at $40 apiece, it might be worth looking into.  And the yellow color might be close to GE yellow.

Mike in KY