Re: (ET) How good and fast at cutting

YAH addictive.  Perhaps that's why I don't want to try it.  That would
make me buy and install 2 ;-(
Actually, if these GE stock speed controls are working properly, they are
quite smooth, almost an 'electronic' feel. And quite efficient without
any but inherent motor losses in '3rd electric'  (full speed on the GE 12
types).   Lucky to have found the 16 which is so simple she don't need
any electronics, either stock GE or aftermarket.
  Started out with an 8 yrs ago and know what you mean.  That could have
had at least one armature drop speed in her.  But electric is electric,
even if imperfect.  Even if I cheated and ran her on 6 secondhand  12V
car batts and could only do half a lawn at a time.  Even if she didn't
blow snow in the winter.  She still beat the pants off the gasser I had
(a John Deere rider vertical shaft engine that finally blew the governor,
thereby getting no oil to all the important things that need it,  belched
smoke made some horrible noises and siezed up tighter than a bulls bum in
the middle of the lawn).  Luckily, the 8 restoration was almost complete
then and a couple days later, used her to tow the deadster off the lawn,
finish the job, and never to have another gasser on it since. :-)

Dave
Weymouth MA