Re: (ET) Electric Chainsaw and rotary inverter

I haven't seen the rotary inverter in person, but I suspect it was
overbuilt
wit the same quality level as the other GE ET "stuff". I highly expect you
would melt your saws motor before the inverter even broke a sweat.

But beware, I have "somewhat" tried to melt my saws motor without success.

Remember that old saying about DC motors producing max torque at stall....
Well..... I'm not exactly weak and I haven't been able to stall my AC
chainsaws yet. The harder I push the more they cut. The 100 ft 14ga. stench
cord does get warm, the 12ga cord does not. The wires might, but the heat
doesn't make it to the outside of th insulation.

--
Stay Charged!
Hump

GE I-5