Re: (ET) New Book Includes Pictures of My Elec-Trak

On Mon, 23 Oct 2006, tbamc wrote:

Darryl,

OK, I'll bite.  If we don't have gasoline or natural gas, and we don't
use hydrogen, what will be powering the world, and by extension, my
E-T?  ;-)

Electricity, biodiesel, ethanol, butanol, etc. First, you need to realize that hydrogen is not an energy source (I'm assuming you think that based on thinking it would somehow be used to create electricity to power your ET). Hydrogen is an energy carrier - you need to first create energy somehow, and then use that energy to separate hydrogen from water or a hydrocarbon or organic material (at a very poor efficiency - so hydrogen is an extremely inefficient energy carrier).

I'd also like to hear your views on Amory Lovins' Winning the Oil
Endgame...., which as I'm sure you know strongly argues for hydrogen as

Amory Lovins, IMO, is extremely deluded when it comes to hydrogen. He's allowed himself to suspend his critical thinking when it comes to promoting hydrogen.

the primary fuel, with solar/wind/etc in secondary roles.  It's dense

Hydrogen is not a primary fuel.

Mike