(ET) Alltrax motor protection

I was pushing black dirt with my alltraxed I-5, L-1 for about 2hrs. Power meter fairly high a lot of the time. When I installed my alltrax I did not reuse the breaker on the motor as I was told the alltrax would protect the motor. Well it seems to. While using the I-5, it stopped. I check everything, brake throttle fuses, everything was fine, but no go. Reach down and felt the motor...pretty warm but not hot and no smell. Went in for lunch, came back out, everything worked.
John Briese