Re: (ET) Fw: Source for small Ni-cads and NiMHs?

Since this is off topic I'll reply very briefly.  I sent a detailed
message
to the OP.

I've had good luck with Maha / Powerex NiMH.  Energizer AA have also been
good, but the ones I used were made in Japan. The newer ones are made in
China, so I have no idea how they will work.  Caveat emptor.

The main point though is that the reason for short cycle life in small
NiMH
and nicads is usually not the cells (unless they are cheapo dollar store
junk), rather it's a dumb charger that overcharges.

Other people report short run time for their devices.  Again it's often
the
charger, many poorly designed chargers stop charging too soon.

The moral is - don't cheap out on the charger!  Ten bucks does not buy a
good quality smart charger, IMO.

I have a Maha charger that charges 4 AAs, each one separately.  Cost was
$40
and worth it.  They also have a model for mixed sizes for quite a bit more
money, which might be worth the cost; never used it.

Many C and D cells are sleeved AA size.  Be careful.  Energizer is a prime
culprit in this department, and has been for many years.

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA

Thou shalt not send me any thing which says unto thee, "send this
to all thou knowest."  Neither shalt thou send me any spam, lest I
smite thee.