(ET) Fw: Re: Some advice on 12V deep cycle floodies

--------- Forwarded message ----------
From: David C Robie <mycroftxx1 juno com>
To: ThompsonG DFO-MPO GC CA
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2006 00:56:42 -0400
Subject: Re: (ET) Some advice on 12V deep cycle floodies

They gotta be regular batteries, perhaps fairly decent ones, with a
different label on em or case design.  Reason?  no such thing in any
battery list I've seen - and special batteries are not necessary for home
solar.  Bet they are just cashing in on the current increased interest in
home altenergy.
      HP (handicap vehicle) batts (usually garden tractor size pack a
wallop - they are mainly SLA much heavier than even premium priced garden
tractor types. However they are pricey. BUT -  they are darned good batts
if you require that size.
     You are wise to keep looking.

Corner the market?  you could BE the market now with all that stable of
Etracks.

Dave
Weymouth MA