Re: (ET) 12V winch - PWM controller from scooter

YAH i know about the heat sinks.  Aluminus meltus.  I don't think that
the people out there designing in boom boom land know much about power
fets but it seems when a speaker gets suddenly disconnected by some idiot
owner who hangs a switch in em to run externals in a camping trailer or
such he fries the brain if he switches them hot.  And if there's an
impedence mismatch they fry themselves.  Which is excellent because if
there's one thing I detest, it's hearing those jerks out there on the
road makin themselves big men by running about 1000 advertised watts of
jungle noise on the road.  Especially when I'm stuck in traffic near
them.  Especially when they go by the house in the middle of the night.
Especially.  Especially.   BTW - I sorta collect pipe organ music and
have one tape that's guaranteed to blow out most of those boomer systems.
 They cant take sustained low bass notes.  The front speakers always go
out first. with a nice scratchy sizzle.
    Yes have seen EV controller innards with a whole big mess of scrapped
silicon in serried ranks bigger  than a boomer PA.  Didn't realize about
the touchy layout.  But hope I never have to. (retired from the part time
hopeless battle of wits against throwaway consumer electronics a good
while ago. Kept enough stuff to fix my own when necessary and really hate
to do that, throw most of it away) (at present, am teaching a guy I've
known for years (a local hi school instructor) the finer points of fixing
tube type TV sets, he collects them).

Dave
Weymouth MA