Re: (ET) E-14 Timer

Title: Re: (ET) E-14 Timer

I was having a problem with the timer on my E-12 (just happened on Saturday).   It just wouldn't turn on.   Every now and then I could find a position where it would turn on, but it would shut off immediately.

I didn't have an owners manual but I figured I would open up the timer and take a look inside.

So I removed the timer from the plate and opened it up.    I didn't know what to expect when I opened it up.   Which means, that the 2 contacts that the timer closes when charging popped right out into my hands.   So my first step was to figure out how it went back together.     Then I took a dremel to the ends of the contacts that touch and cleaned the corrosion.   I also added a slight bend to the contact so it would want to move into the shutoff section of the timer (instead of wanting to stay closed).

Re-assembled it and now works good as knew.