From: "Michael S Briggs" <msbriggs alberti unh edu>
To: "David C Robie" <mycroftxx1 juno com>
Cc: <rjkanary nauticom net>; <elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu>
Sent: Sunday, August 06, 2006 9:45 AM
Subject: Re: (ET) new relay in - now no reverse

On Sat, 5 Aug 2006, David C Robie wrote:

I wouldn't do that temporary fix.  You may forget to wait some day.

It would only be for using it today to mow the lawn, since I'm expecting
to have card 1 fixed by next week, so I could put it back to normal.
 If I do switch to quickly, the result, I *think*, would be a big current
spike in the field coil, which would fry the reverse relay - although I
have put a 10 A fuse in that line where it connects to the relay, so
hopefully the fuse would blow instead of the relay.
 Would there be any other potential problem?

Mike