(ET) I'm an idiot

Just an update on the mower motor issue - I got it working earlier today (before the tractor shut down completely), such that all motors were cutting nicely. The problem was.... motor was connected the wrong way, and spinning backwards. Yes, two people suggested that might be the problem, and yes, I said I had already checked it, and that wasn't it. The very first thing I checked was to see if they were all spinning the same way, and I *thought* they were. Apparently I'm not very good at looking at blades and telling whether they're spinning clockwise or counterclockwise. I decided to check again today, and found that yup, in fact it was spinning backwards. I had reversed the wiring when putting everything back together. So, I switched it, and it worked fine. At least until the tractor stopped working entirely (see my last three emails). So, once I figure out what the problem is now, it will be cutting nicely. :)

Mike

--

Michael S. Briggs
UNH Physics Department