(ET) blown fuse, replaced, but no power

I resolved my other issues (for the most part, will post on those later), and took the E15 out to mow the yard today. I mowed most of the yard with the original blades, then stopped for a brake, and swapped the Gator Blades back on while charging the tractor back up (didn't need it, but I figured I might as well recharge while I was swapping the blades). When mowing our front yard with the Gator Blades, everything was going fine for the first 5-10 minutes, then all of a sudden power cut out completely, and I noticed a wisp of smoke coming up from around the forward/reverse lever on the dash. Hopped off, checked the fuses, and sure enough the 20 amp control fuse was blown. I don't have any handy at the moment (will pick some spares up when I head out to the store shortly), so for the moment I just replaced it with the 20 amp headlight fuse, since they're apparently both 20 amp quick blow fuses. Re-engaged the power disconnect, but still nothing - the fuel gauge meter isn't budging from the far left (empty), so apparently there's still something in the main circuit that's blown. From looking at the diagrams in the Service Manual, the Fusible link seems like it could be a possibility (blown) - but I can't find it anywhere in the tractor. Where the heck is it? According to the schematic, it should be between the upper battery (the one at the most positive end of the chain) and the power disconnect - but that battery is directly connected to the power disconnect (I of course connected everything, but it seemed apparent that that battery should go there, since there were only two battery cables coming into the front battery area, one that goes back to the rear battery area, and this one that goes to the power disconnect). So, where is the fusible link? And does it seem like it could be the problem? Due to the wisp of smoke, it seems like something else other than just that one fuse must have blown, since those fuses are contained (the link inside can blow, but smoke doens't come out of the glass).
        Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Mike

--