Re: (ET) capacitors

And one more note. It HAS to be a motor 'run' capacitor, not a motor 'start' capacitor. Starting capacitors are NOT rated for a continuous duty cycle.Bad things will happens if you are brave enough to prove it to yourself. :(

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tom Coate" <tcoate coate org>
To: <elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu>
Sent: Thursday, July 27, 2006 10:55 AM
Subject: Re: (ET) capacitors

IIRC, Bill Gunn once told me that GE used two different transformers in
the chargers somewhat arbitrarily.  One requires a 4 uf, the other,
something different.  When I got caps from him he had me check the size
of the existing cap to be sure it was replaced with the same size.  I'm
at work, so I can't look at one now, but I believe the size of the cap
is stamped into the case.

- Tom Coate