Re: (ET) motor current

I thought the motors were more like 1 HP. I have measured the current with a DVM (if I recall correctly) and it can get over 10A (I think). Problem is if you blow the DVM fuse - the replacement fuses are expensive. I'm pretty sure 'idle' current is < 10A so you could measure each motor running but not cutting and see if the suspect motor pulls excess current.

- SteveS

Michael S Briggs wrote:

Damn, that's 28 Amps, assuming 39 volts. They presumably don't always pull that much power, only when initialy starting up, and as needed to maintain speed while cutting. Still, that initial startup would likely just blow the ammeter fuse. I'll use the lead as a shunt.