To: <elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu>
Sent: Wednesday, July 26, 2006 11:55 AM
Subject: Re: (ET) crap - started mowing, and lost forward speeds

On 24 Jul 2006 at 22:47, David C Robie wrote:

it's better than having a
30 yr old relay go flooey when I'm blowing snow

My reverse relay went flaky on a cold, snowy day, and I finished plowing
with the hood removed and the relay panel down so I could push the relay
down with my finger.  A few days later I ripped out the obsolete GE
controller (Mark Hanson calls them "Apollo Era") and replaced it with an
Alltrax PWM controller.  Ahhh, much better.

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA

me a private message, please use "evadm at drmm period net."
    To die for an idea is unquestionably noble.  But how much
    nobler it would be if men died for ideas that were true!

                                 -- H L Mencken