(ET) Ground compaction from elec traks

Got a question: I've noticed that over the years since getting my E20 that the grass quality has slowly gone down. Digging with the tiller I have also noticed that my soil is hard as a rock up top, getting better about 6-7 inches down.

Is the tractor causing my soil to "hard pan"? If so, what can be done about this? My tires are original, and are hard as rocks. Would putting new tires on fix the problem? Or should I till my yard every year or so?

Chris