Re: (ET) Fw: Re: d'oh - did I hook something up wrong?

I've seen a couple of the earlier decks configured like that.There were obviously some structural integrity concerns early on.The decks so constructed had the small diameter motors installed.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Christopher Zach" <czach computer org>
To: "Pieter" <pvcl plitch com>
Cc: <elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu>
Sent: Friday, July 14, 2006 8:54 PM
Subject: Re: (ET) Fw: Re: d'oh - did I hook something up wrong?

Pieter wrote:
My deck has a front mounted roller.  If the wood roller broke, the
remaining axle would look a lot like a handle...do you suppose??

No, I have a real, factory installed handle on the front of my deck.
Also have a pair of angle irons welded to the deck, from the look of the
paint it appears to be a factory job.

Chris