Re: (ET) New Idea EGT 120 wiring diagram

On Fri, 7 Jul 2006 14:30 Jerry Rhodes jerry38 alltel net wrote:

Hi all, going thru the test an setup on a EGT 120 I picked up an looks
like
everything is ok but no RTN in the one, someone removed it..tryed wiring
around
it to test but no go...so what I need is a good wiring diagram for the EGT
120, any one got a copy you can spare, I will pay for the coping an
mailing,
thanks, I have the picture view an that is not getting it,

Jerry NW Ohio
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Jerry,

A few years ago I stopped at a New Idea dealer and asked for a Parts
catalog
for my NI EGT 120. The gal at the parts desk had never heard of their
electric
tractor, but she did get a Parts Book for me. It was a photocopy sent to
them
from New Idea. They didn't even charge me for it.

This has the wiring "picture" that you mentioned - one of the worst wiring
diagrams that I have ever seen. I enlarged a copy of this and have been
using it
when working on my tractor. By now it is all marked up with corrections
and
wiring numbers that were not listed, etc. It is almost impossible to
follow
this thing as a schematic for troubleshooting circuits.

However, that is the only thing I have been able to find that is specific
for
this model. Schematics posted on the Net for the GE models are not quite
the
same as the NI models. The NI lift motor appears to be unique also - I
have
never seen a motor like this on any GE tractors. They all have that window
lift
motor, which is a real joke as far as I am concerned.

If you can ever find anything in the way of a circuit schematic for this
model, please let me know. I would like to figure out how to disable the
dynamic
braking feature for the drive motor. Has anyone out there done this?

I used mine for several years with a golf cart motor, using the control
switch from the golf cart. When I finally installed the correct motor I
thought my
transmission was binding until I figured out what was happening. I DO NOT
LIKE
THOSE ABRUPT STOPS! I keep my brakes in good shape, and if I need to stop
quickly I can use them.

Erv Troyer - NE Indiana
NI EGT 120 (and 1 GE that I couldn't pass up).