Re: (ET) Belts

Arnold Sabatelli wrote:
I'm finally finding a little time to tinker with my E16--and again the
disclaimer:  it's all new to me, and I'm not mechanically inclined.  The
Service Manual/Owners manuals seem to suggest that there should be 2 belts,
and in fact, I can see pulleys for 2 belts, but there is only 1 belt there
now...which is perhaps part of the problem?  Any belt tightening/replacing
tips/tricks?  Thanks,

Replace both belts with V series power belts. Don't just use normal ones; get the right types even if you have to mail order.

I used to have slipping belts, replaced them with non power-rated belts and it still was bad. Put the right ones in, never had a problem.

Tightening them is pretty simple as well; there is something in the archives with a procedure on this.

Chris