Re: (ET) trimming bolts on T-105s

For things like this I use a 4.5" angle grinder with a thin cutoff
wheel. It slices right through steel smoothly and easily.

Then again I do enough metal work to have a grinder dedicated to use
with cutoff wheels and another with a grinding wheel.

For cutoff use even the light 4.5" grinders are fine and use a thin
cutoff wheel. My B&D uses the flat "Norton" wheels that are about
$1.70 at Home Depot.

Be sure to cut with the edge of the wheel and be careful to NOT bend it.
Wear safety glasses!

michael

On 7/1/06, Dave & Deb <daveb drizzle com> wrote:
I took a hacksaw to the threaded posts on my Interstate battery
workaholics.
didn't seem to damage anything... the posts were veryy sturdy