Re: (ET) A few concerns

Has anyone experimented with making the factory master
disconnect work as well as it can?  I've worked up a
fixture to help drive out the pin and disassemble the
unit, and I've made the disk nice and flat and shiny.
But how do you keep from getting just point contact on
the brass boltheads?  It seems like that's what you'd
have if the bolthead tops were new and rounded, and if
they were old and flattened (or freshly cleaned and
irregular), it would be hard to get all 3 surfaces on
the same plane.  Might it be possible to use some kind
of abrasive and "lap them in" to kind of average out
the mismatches and improve the contact area?

Kelly Williams
Mount Joy, PA