(ET) A few concerns

I've had my "new" e-16 out mowing a few times now, and I've noticed that
when going up hill, it really dogs out and makes a squealing noise (could
this just be a loose belt?)  On a steeper hill, though nothing terribly
steep, it just stops altogether.

I'm also tinkering with the e-15, but having a hard time determining if the
power disconnect is On/off.  It just sort of flaps around, without a
discernible difference in positioning.  How might I check if it's in the
proper position to charge.  (When I've tried to charge, it's not taking on
any juice at all (though the charger mechanism is humming).

Thanks,
--
--
Arnie Sabatelli