(ET) Transmission question

Harold's idea is a good one, but there may be an even simpler
solution.  I have a Sta-Lube(?) pump that I got at Pep Boys
specifically designed for this.  They should still have them.  Works
fine (doesn't need all that many strokes to fill the gearbox).  Works
well for my cars too.  My only complaint is that the thread on the
pump doesn't fit your typical Castrol/Valvoline/whathaveyou gear oil
bottle.  It seems to be designed for the Sta-Lube gallon jugs.

Sorry, I just can't bring myself to use Sta-Lube oil in anything.
It's probably fine, but "bargain" and "lubricant" are not two words I
can put together.  So I transfer the "good" lube into an empty motor
oil bottle, which fits the pump OK.  An alternative would be to use a
gallon of Sta-Lube gear oil and save the bottle for future use with
"good" lube.

Chris