Re: (ET) ET Why rearward mulching

Try putting the baffles behind the blades. I think the reason the rear discharge does not mulch well is because the blades hit the grass, then shoot it out the back. When you mow backwards the front is like a baffle, and the grass bounces around in there.

So try putting a baffle around the rear of the blades. Or reverse the one in there.

Chris

willaim att net wrote:
No one ventured to tell me why my E12 side discharge mower deck seems to
do a decent job of mulching with the tractor going in reverse (discharge
blocking plate in place and standard blades), with or without the baffles.
Whatever is happening, there should be a way to make some changes so it
will mulch going forward. Any ideas???

Thanks Bill Alburty 66206