(ET) Wild ride last weekend!

I was happily out mowing tall weeds last weekend and was ¾ of the way into the second day when things became exciting.  My property is located in the Sierra Nevada Foothills in California, which had tons of rain this winter season.  I think the weeds were visited by “Balco” as they seemed to be on steroids this year and after every rain they grew like crazy.  It makes it hard when you are only there every other weekend as I live and work in the Bay Area and own the property for retirement plans.  Anyway, I was nearing the top of one hill when the EGT-150 tractor popped out of gear and started to roll backwards.  I immediately turned off key thinking that the alltrax would help slow me down, wrong as it was out of gear and had its own ideas of a fun ride.  I started gathering speed backwards and applied as much pressure to the break as I could muster to no avail, as the break only seemed to be enjoying the thrill of speed and had no intention of slowing things down.  My neighbors fence line was directly below me along with some of his cows who seemed to be enjoying watching me careening towards them.  I thought I had better get off this thing before it was too late, so I jumped off and expected the tractor to run over me in the process.  I must have turned the wheel slightly while doing this, as the tractor started turning and the mid mount mower deck caught the ground stopping its movement.  When I realized that I was still in this world I examined the deck and found that the force had completely bent the right hand roller mount under the deck.  This deck was in great shape with heavy sheet metal and no weak spots apparent.  I managed to coax the tractor back into the garage and spent the next hour straightening the deck out.  I have nothing but respect for these older tractors, as I can only imagine what would have happened if I were on one of the current plastic jobs.

The saga continues,

Bob K

Robert Kleinbrahm

Senior Network Engineer

First Republic Bank

San Francisco, CA. 94111

415 288-1478

First Republic Bank and its subsidiaries do not take responsibility for, or accept time-sensitive instructions sent by email including orders, funds transfer instructions or stop payments on checks. All instructions of this nature must be handled by direct communication, not email.

We reserve the right to monitor and review the content of all email communications sent or received. Emails sent to or from this address may be stored in accordance with regulatory requirements.