(ET) [Fwd: RE: weak motor]

I can see that being the case. However wouldn't a binding bearing or other
like symptom that causes a dragging motor
also cause it to draw excessive current, overheat and pop the breaker?

The only thing I could see causing a weak motor and not causing it to
overheat would be a bad electrical connection to
the motor, or maybe a high brush resistance. It could possibly be that the
magnets got weak, but that would cause the
motor to overspeed and also it would draw more current.

Another thing to try, and I'm not exactly sure why it makes a difference,
but it does, is; swap the direction that the
breaker is in the circuit. So the current will flow the other way through
the breaker. Not the motor, just the
breaker.

I'm not sure if it will cause a weak motor syndrome. But I had some motors
that would overheat and cut out all too
often. When I swapped the terminals on the breaker they quit cutting out.
-- Stay Charged!
Hump
"Ignorance is treatable, with a good prognosis. However, if left
untreated, it develops into Arrogance, which is often
fatal. :-)" -- Lee Hart

Get your own FREE evgrin.com email address;
send a request to ryan at evsourcedotcom

Elec-trak list
> Subject: (ET) weak motor
>

> I've got a "weak" motor on the JD, doesn't seem to have much torque, I
> replaced the bearings last year, wife says
it's been weak since, anything I should look for.?