(ET) Alltrax install.

I just wanted to state how pleased I am with the Alltraxinc company, and their customer service.  I recently sent back a controller to them that I smoked during the install process.  I was alarmed that this was the second unit that smoked on me and called Steve R to discuss what I was doing wrong.  He asked me to send him a diagram of how I had the unit wired which I sent as an email attachment to him.  They gave me an RMA number for the return and I sent the unit off fully expecting them to say that I was at fault for the failure.  To my surprise he sent me back an email, stating that he found problems with my diagram.  Namely that I did not have the run/charge switch in the circuit as there diagram shows.  Also, I had the reverse light wired to # 3 connector in place of the buzzer that diagram shows.  This pin can only take 50 mil amps and my light surely was drawing more.  I thought for sure that his findings would negate the warranty on the unit, but to my total surprise a replacement unit has just shown up on my doorstep.  I am committed to doing business with a company that truly tries to educate there customers.

This unit was behaving strangely when I first turned the key on, but it didn’t smoke until I hit the PTO switch.  I know that this should have nothing to do with the controller unit, but also remember others having a similar problem.  Those of you who saw this behavior, can you comment on how you solved the issue?

I am grateful,

Bob Kleinbrahm

rkleinbrahm firstrepublic com

First Republic Bank and its subsidiaries do not take responsibility for, or accept time-sensitive instructions sent by email including orders, funds transfer instructions or stop payments on checks. All instructions of this nature must be handled by direct communication, not email.

We reserve the right to monitor and review the content of all email communications sent or received. Emails sent to or from this address may be stored in accordance with regulatory requirements.