Re: (ET) Black and Decker cmm1000

I have a Ryobi BMM2400 "The Mulchinator" that I'd guess is similar.  I
don't
use it anymore now I have the E-15, but I used it for 8 seasons with the
original battery.  I had to replace the internal fuse in the onboard
charger
several times and eventually rewired to a panel-mount fuse holder so I
didn't have to take the thing apart each time.

Anyway, I achieved extended run time by mounting a small, 24V PV panel
directly on top of the mower, wired in parallel to the battery.  It's only
little smaller than the mower footprint, which probably makes it a 10 or
15-watt panel.  It's pretty impossible to quantify the amount of extended
runtime, what with shadows, time-of-day, length of grass, etc. etc. but I
perceived a boost, especially when the battery SOC was getting low and I
wanted to just get those last few passes done.

However, the real answer is an auxilliary battery, right?  Or, do what the
Neuton (from DR Power Products in VT) does: the battery pack is smaller
and
in a cassette that is easily swapped with the recharged pack that was
sitting in the off-board charger while you were mowing with the first
pack.
I got this Neuton mower for my mom two or three years ago (she's 78 now)
and
she loves it, and it works great for her 1/3 acre of grass.  Ok, she
doesn't
do it all at once, but the swappable pack concept makes the mower lighter
and it's well engineered.

As far as a better charger, that's not my area of expertise or
experience...
good luck and let us know what works

Joel