Re: (ET) 2nd generation LFA Desulfator: DIY

David Roden Wrote:

<< some snippage>>

Battery sulfation is reversed by charging, period.  That's how the battery
works, and that's all that "desulfators" really do.  I have yet to see any
evidence that these gadgets work any better than a long, slow equalization
charge with an ordinary charger.

<<more snippage>>

I know that Lee has mentioned on the EV List that lead acid batteries need
to be "exercised" to "wake them up" after having set for awhile. Most
agree.

I wonder if the de-sulfators, as well as providing an equalization charge,
don't somehow provide a low level "exercising" regime, by pulsing the
battery.

Exercize in this context is meant as
charge-discharge-charge-discharge-repeat a few times.

Stay Charged!
Hump