(ET) Alltrax Smoked!

I am a very cautious individual when it comes to expensive equipment and modifying old technology.  This last weekend I finished up the conversion on my E-20 for the Alltrax unit.  I must have checked and rechecked 5 times all the connections for this conversion, but you guessed it, the unit smoked when I applied power to it.  I have to wonder what is going on with Alltrax, as this was a replacement unit that they sent me.  The first one they sent me had a label on it marked DCX300RT.  I questioned this as I knew it should have had DCX300-ET on it.  I sent this unit back and then called Steve Richardson.  He told me that is was indeed the correct unit, but had been mislabeled by them somehow.  He then told me he checked the unit when it came back in, "We allways check returns when they come in", and discovered that it failed on there test bench.  The new unit arrived a couple days later, and it was labeled correctly.  I work on my tractor on weekends only, as it is on a weekend property that I own in the Sierra Foothills.  It took me probably 3 good weekends to tear the old stuff out and then rewire everything for the Alltrax unit, with this last weekend to be the final checks and power up, etc.  When I turned the key on, the led flashed green for a second, and then went red.  I heard a sizzling sound with the smell of a component burning up.  I immediately removed power, but the damage had already been done.  I know that a couple of others on this list also experienced problems with there units and am wondering how they resolved them.

Bob

First Republic Bank and its subsidiaries do not take responsibility for, or accept time-sensitive instructions sent by email including orders, funds transfer instructions or stop payments on checks. All instructions of this nature must be handled by direct communication, not email.

We reserve the right to monitor and review the content of all email communications sent or received. Emails sent to or from this address may be stored in accordance with regulatory requirements.