Re: (ET) snowblower paint

Well I posted and then saw Chris's reply. He makes a good point - the greatest benefit would be to POR the inside of the blower and chute. That would mitigate costs. Good idea.

- SteveS

Christopher Zach wrote:

MakingLightning wrote:

I hear about the Eastwood paint POR, or is it PQR, either way, that is used for the snowthrowers a lot on here.

Is it worth paying so much for that and would there be a difference, if I were to sandblast my snowthrower and paint it with normal enamel paint used on tractors? Wouldn’t that still be slippery?

Well, a little goes a long way. Get six of the tiny cans; one is enough to do the inside of the snowblower.

As to durable, I've been using the blower for 3 years with it, not a nick in the paint or a scratch. That's in the chute. Likewise I have used POR15 on the underside of the tiller, and after a year of running it in the dirt, rocks, and whatever it's still as good as new.

I think I'll put it on the bottom of the blower skids, just to see how long it will last.

Chris

It seems the Eastwood stuff is good because of the rust inhibiting factors and how it sticks to old paint, but that is not an issue if the thing is sandblasted, right?

If I used the tractor paint, would it be better adding more hardener?

I believe the tractor paint is not really any different than rustoleum, it is an enamel paint.

Kevin