Re: (ET) Alltrax install!

On 22 Feb 2006 at 9:17, Perry Cain wrote:

> I did not hook up the motor "overheat" protection, since in my opinion
> the
> controller is smarter.  I have had no problems, and I really use my
> mowers.

I did connect it, since (smart as it is) the controller has no other way
of
knowing how hot the motor is getting.  It has never tripped, but then it
never did with the original GE controls, either.

However, now that I think about it, I'm not so sure I connected it the
right
way.  Instead of just putting it in series with the main B+, I connected
it
into the controller enable line (with the keyswitch and brake switch).
That
might not have been such a good idea. Asking an overheated motor to
perform
plug braking might not be too healthy for it.

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA

me a private message, please use "evadm at drmm period net."
Cutting the space budget really restores my faith in humanity.  It
business of hate, debauchery, and self-annihilation.

                               -- Johnny Hart