Re: (ET) Motor Field wires.

     Get your ohm meter out . Between one pair of wires, expect less than 20 ohms . That is the field leads. Check the next pair. Expect little or no resistance. Those wires are connected to the Klixon® thermal limiter that's in the field windings. These are connected in series with everything else in the RTN circuit for the traction motor. It's another layer of protection to prevent an expensive melt down, and is well worth keeping .
     What model is your E-20 ? If need be, I can look up the wire numbers if you don't have the Homeowner's Service Manual.  :)
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, February 13, 2006 2:31 PM
Subject: (ET) Motor Field wires.

I am in the process of installing the Alltrax controller on my E-20 tractor and have a question about the field motor connections.  My tractor has 4 wires coming out of the main motor section with a 4 pin (kind a like a computer power connector) plug on it.  It appears that 2 of the wires may have been connected to the brake switch which has long since been removed from this tractor.  I presume the remaining 2 are the actual field leads as I can place a meter on them and have continuity across them.  Is this a common wiring for the filed connector plug?  The alltrax schematic only shows 2 leads from the motor.  Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Bob K.

Bob Kleinbrahm

Senior Network Engineer

First Republic Bank

San Francisco, CA. 94111

415 288-1478

rkleinbrahm firstrepublic com

First Republic Bank and its subsidiaries do not take responsibility for, or accept time-sensitive instructions sent by email including orders, funds transfer instructions or stop payments on checks. All instructions of this nature must be handled by direct communication, not email.

We reserve the right to monitor and review the content of all email communications sent or received. Emails sent to or from this address may be stored in accordance with regulatory requirements.