(ET) Plowing Snow

The feet you say, are called "shoes" ( to  the plow gods )
They keep the cutting edge up off the ground just to clear things like Man
holes (can be a real stopper) like face in the windshield stopper. It is
not any better on a tractor ether.
On dirt it keeps it up off the rocks (maybe) for the same stopping power.
If there is ruts in the dirt you are S O L. It also depends on how soft it
is,
could fill in some OR dig. Once it gets a little layer of ice n snow on it,
plowwing is easy n fast with no stop's. I have mine set at 1/4".
I plow for the local city and that is black top and concrete. ( rather
dirt )
My drive way is dirt.
The rubber is ok i guess if you want it down tight, but when there's hard
packed stuff, forget the rubber. It does not get it up.

My .05 worth.
Matthew P. Magda Jr.