From: John Casey
Sent: Friday, December 09, 2005 5:06 PM
Subject: (ET) Resistor Strap

All:

How hot should the resistor strap get?

I plow a neighbor's driveway and my own, about 200.'  Last week we had a 3" snowstorm and I stayed in D1all the way.
The perforated metal over the resistor strap was hot to the touch but not hot enough to make me remove my hand....of course, the strap would have been hotter.  Battery clamps were tight and cool, traction motor luke warm, contactors warm, diode/varistor block looks okay.  Today we got 10" of heavy snow and not to be stupid I stayed in L1 all day.  The perforated metal cover was only warm and other avovementioned checkpoints were normal.  After clearing snow from both storms there was plenty of tractor range left.

The 9 page 'Owners Use and Care Manual" shows that snowplowing can be done in range D2.  I would like to plow in D1.  Can anyone tell me what the acceptable heat level is with this strap.

Thanks, Jack