Re: (ET) Prestolite motors (New Idea Lift Motors)

 The New Idea lift motor IS a Prestolite. Wound fields. The early ones
were stamped 36 Volts and run on 36 Volts. The updated ones (with the
orange paint stripe) were run on 18 volts but (most at least) still
stamped 36 Volts.
 Sincerely,
Harold Zimmerman
As a retiree from P'lite, maybe I can ask if they made something like  the
lift motor, probably hopeless after this amount of time but maybe.   Same
vein, maybe thay have a 36 volt version.

I rewound one of mine, (fried armature), IIRC I added some turns to
increase the resistance.

wombat