Re: (ET) More lift motor- New Idea Pictures Anyone?

I wonder if those were made by Prestolite® ? I remember seeing Prestolite® lift motors listed in Bill's parts catalog, but I have never seen one . Hmmmm? ----- Original Message ----- From: <Reo43 aol com>
To: <elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu>
Sent: Wednesday, November 23, 2005 8:09 PM
Subject: Re: (ET) More lift motor- New Idea Pictures Anyone?

I have posted several pictures of my New Idea front lift motor on a Yahoo
website:

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/reo4364/album?.dir=/7fbe&.src=ph&.tok=phfT7.DBrj
KqpCtg

If you can't get on this website, send me a direct email, and I can email the
photos to you in a ZIP file.

The third photo shows the front "bumper". If you will compare this to the GE you will see that the mounting bolts are spaced differently, and the "support
arm" projecting forward is not there. New Idea tractors have this arm as a
separate bolt-on part.

When I converted my New Idea from the under-mount deck to the front mount
deck I used the GE front bumper, with the arm welded on. I had to drill new holes
to mount the NI lift mechanism, and everything works OK.

Garry from East TN - thanks for the note about the 36 volt versions.

Erv Troyer   Lagrange, IN
(on the Digest)