-----Original Message-----
From: elec-trak-bounces cosmos phy tufts edu
[mailto:elec-trak-bounces cosmos phy tufts edu] On Behalf Of Chris Tromley
Sent: Thursday, November 03, 2005 8:40 AM
To: Elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu
Subject: (ET) Sweeper?

Hi All,

Been off-list for awhile due to a server swap and subsequent ISP issue
(which didn't affect most other lists).  The ISP issue didn't go away, so
now I'm on the ET list from a Gmail account.

Anyway, mowing season is drawing to a close.  New grass is coming in
nicely.
And there are a *lot* of pine needles, enough to smother the new grass.  An
electric leaf blower won't budge the needles.  Raking sort of works, but
takes a lot of time and tears up the new grass.  I haven't tried a yard vac
yet.

Can anyone tell me if a tow-behind sweeper is effective in picking up pine
needles?  If so, what brand is recommended?  I was disappointed with the
design of an AgriFab (from Lowes) dump cart, not ready to get their sweeper
yet.  Sears?  JD?  Other?  No difference?

Any other suggestions for picking up those pesky little needles?

Chris