Re: (ET) timer

Neil wrote:
Chris, you only want a new timer ? Think I've got an old one, no idea what shape it's in.
Yeah, I really want an unused one. The problem is over the years those contacts get burned and pitted. Then one of two things happen:

1) They stick closed on charge and your pack gets toasted

2) They arc open and generate enough heat to ignite the casing.

You might want to crack it open; it's just two screws and a bit of patience. Watch how it comes apart; that helps a lot in getting it back together.

Another thought is to have the switch control a relay.

Chris

wombat