-----Original Message-----
From: elec-trak-bounces cosmos phy tufts edu
[mailto:elec-trak-bounces cosmos phy tufts edu] On Behalf Of matt
Sent: Tuesday, October 04, 2005 8:53 AM
To: elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu
Subject: Re: (ET) Transmissions...

I have had mine apart ( another tractor ) many times. The difference I
see is the rev. idler and pin is gone out of the GE one. Every thing
else
is the same.
The 2300 is one of the strongest rears going. The nest strongest one is
a hydro unit. The limited slip from that one will work in the 2300
thow. All the 2300 where 4 speeds with one rev. They are all cast iron
cases. The difference between the different models of 2300's are what
side the input is, what's kind of brake it uses, how it mounts to the
tractor and how long the axles are, how the hubs for the wheels go
on. What goes wrong most of the time is ( for me anyway ) is the
springs that help hold it in gear, the seals n bearings that hold up the

diff. the pinion gears in the diff. OR brake a axle about 3" from the
diff. Im into tractor pulling and this one is a alky with about 30 hp
and
lots of torque My .05 worth.

>PROBABLY reverses, and are locked out by the frame hole.  I would like
>to know what they are and the relative speeds.  It would be wonderful
>if it was a faster forward speed, but that's pretty doubtful.  A real
>reverse gear isn't too interesting as you could burn out the controller

>pretty easy if you have to reverse to go forward, but it would be nice
>to know about.  Might even be useful if one wants to pull HARD in
>reverse; the ET isn't too strong backing up.
>

>Larry Elie

Matthew P. Magda Jr.